Probate and Administration of Estates
We are accredited with the Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme (WIQS) by the Law Society which is the recognised quality mark for legal experts in drafting Wills and administering Estates. We follow best practice procedures and meet the highest standards of technical expertise and client service.
Dealing with a person’s estate can be overwhelming at what can already be a difficult time. Our dedicated Private Client Department has experience in dealing with estates of all sizes and aims to provide a sympathetic and professional service catered to each individual estate.
When dealing with an estate we can provide as much assistance as you require in any matter regarding an estate, including:-
For Enquiries please call 0208 862 8888
- Establishing the assets and liabilities of someone who has died.
- Establishing who is entitled to a deceased person’s estate where there is no Will.
- Applying for a Grant of Probate, or Letters of Administration (if there is no Will).
- Interpreting terms of a Will and advising upon situations where there is a problem with a Will.
- Completing Inheritance Tax forms and arranging payment of tax.
- Collecting assets, whether that be closing accounts, and selling or transferring properties or shares.
- Paying debts and advising upon insolvent estates when there are insufficient assets to cover a deceased person’s debts.
- Preparing Administration Accounts and distributing the estate.
- Advising upon Deeds of Variation.