Retail Property & Business Leases
Over many years we have developed a broad range of clients which include individuals, private companies, investors, charities, betting and gaming organisations, currency exchange providers, estate agency chains and trade unions.
The team provides specialist expertise within the retail sector and deals with individuals/start-up companies to national major retailers whose portfolios can exceed 700 units nationwide. Our solicitors have vast experience in dealing with different types of retail premises such as shop units within parades, retail parks, shopping centres and high streets all within primary, secondary or tertiary locations. We provide commercial and pragmatic advice from the start of a matter including input on negotiating heads of terms and thereafter throughout the transaction until completion. We are able to identify key matters at an early stage and provide workable solutions to enable the transaction to proceed smoothly to completion in accordance with your business needs and timetable.
We also have extensive expertise in dealing with different types of premises such as offices, warehouses, shops and commercial units and act for both landlords and tenants.
Our specialist retail team can provide advice on a broad range of matters including the following:-
- New leases and short term letting arrangements
- Renewal of leases including all procedures and notices under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1954
- Assignments and Underlettings of leases
- Licences to alter/change use/underlet and assign
- Service Charges, Rent Reviews and Rent Deposits
- Turnover leases and Franchise Agreements
- Agreement for Leases, commercial Site Development Agreements, Warranties
- Lease termination, break clauses/notices, forfeiture and dilapidation disputes
- Repair and Tenant default